Aquavap – Solvent free corrosion preventative
Water-based combined Volatile Corrosion Inhibitor (VCI) and Contact Corrosion Inhibitor. Protects the inside of things from corrosion – the vapours reach and protect every surface in fuel and water tanks, HVAC systems, pipework, packing cases.
Clean, Quick, Simple
- Mist, fog, flood or spray into any enclosed space, then cap
- Dip, spray, brush or swab onto surfaces to protect on contact
- Rinses away completely with water if required
- Double action contact and vapour phase inhibitor
- Long-lasting – years in many cases
- Protects all ferrous metals and alloys
- Used in Tanks, Pipework, Heating and Cooling systems, Pressure vessels
- Pumps, Valves, Joints, Boilers, Radiators, Gas cylinders, Heat exchangers, Fire extinguishers
- A little goes a long way, and can be diluted with water up to three times
- Pays for itself – save on time, labour and corrosion issues
- Solvent-free, low toxicity, non-flammable
Aquavap can be used as an aqueous alternative to Vaporol or other oil-based Volatile Corrosion Inhibitors (VCIs). It is very user friendly, working as a combination of contact and vapour-phase corrosion inhibitors. Aquavap is water based and contains no oil, solvents or other harmful materials. It is low odour, non-hazardous and, as it can be rinsed away with water if required, no solvents are needed to remove it.
Aquavap protects in two ways: by direct contact with metal parts which have been coated by brush, dip, spray, etc and dried; and by the inhibitor vapours which are slowly released from the coating or the liquid as supplied.
Aquavap, through its vapour action, protects all surfaces including remote, otherwise inaccessible areas. If parts are dipped or sprayed, provided they are then enclosed in a capped or sealed container, the inhibitor vapours will build up and protect any areas not effectively coated.
When used as a surface coating, it must be allowed to dry before packing. The coating is almost indetectable and generally does not have to be removed when the parts are put into service but, if required, will rinse completely away with water.
The protective can be sprayed, fogged or flooded into packing cases, tanks, pressure vessels, tubing, metal sections, etc. which can be capped or wrapped to retain the vapours.
Aquavap as supplied, or diluted with water, is perfect for the testing of pumps, valves, hydraulic systems, pressure vessels, tanks, heat exchangers, etc. The combined contact and vapour action will prevent subsequent corrosion both below the level of any retained liquid and in the vapour space above (no need to dry out).
Here to help...
Unsure whether Aquavap is right for your corrosion problem? In some applications Aquatest or Vaporol would be more suitable. I can help you decide.
If your ideal product isn’t listed, we have decades of experience in bespoke corrosion preventatives and will design a cost-effective formulation that is perfect for you.
Call Vapor-Tek now on 01204 521795